Welcome to Codeready’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Hi, we’re Codereadyand welcome to our acceptable use policy. This policy sets out what you can and cannot use our sites and products for.
- When we say ’we’, ’us’ or ’Codeready’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Codeready Market, Codeready Hosted, Codeready Elements and other Codeready products. If we say ’policy’ we’re talking about this acceptable use policy. If we say ’user terms’ we’re talking about the rules for using any of the Codeready products and services. Take the time to read this policy because it forms a part of the user terms for each of the Codeready products. By using any of our sites, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy we won’t take it personally, but please do not use Codeready.
So what’s not acceptable use?
- It’s NOT OKAYto use Codeready or any of our sites, services or products to submit, post, build, host or otherwise make available any content that may contain, provide access to (eg, through links to third party websites) or promote any of the following content:
- Adult content:This includes images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity, or any commercial activity linked to making money from adult content such as escort agencies.
- Exploitation of children:This includes images or videos depicting children in a way that encourages or promotes attraction towards children.
- Hate speech:This includes content that supports or condones violence or discrimination against individuals based on race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, gender, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Incitement of violence:This includes content that threatens, or that is intended to incite, violence against an individual or group of individuals.
- Harassment:This includes any form of harassment or bullying against an individual or group of individuals.
- Defamation:This includes any untruthful comments about a person that has the tendency to lower their estimation in the eyes of others.
- Copyright and third party intellectual property:Using the Codeready sites, products or services in violation of the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others is NOT cool, and is illegal, so please don’t do that. For more information report intellectual property infringement please see the Codeready Marketour Content Policy.
- Offensive content:This includes content that would cause offence to a reasonable person, including content that is posted for shock value.
- Fraudulent, misleading or deceptive conduct:This includes making statements about your own products or services that are not accurate or impersonating others. You must also not use a false email address or misrepresent your affiliation with others. You must not use information gathered from or through the Codeready sites, service or products in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers (for example, automatically gathering information to set up a site that looks like one of our sites). You must also not use a false email address or misrepresent your affiliation with others.
- It’s also NOT OKAYto use Codeready or any of our sites, services or products to submit, post, build, host or otherwise make available any content that may contain, provide access to (eg, through links to third party websites) or promote any of the following activities:
- Supply of regulated goods and services:This includes the supply of weapons, gambling or adult escort services.
- Illegal activities:This seems like a no brainer but using Codeready, products or services for any dangerous or illegal content or other purposes is NOT acceptable. You should always ensure you’re aware and comply with any applicable laws in Australia, USA or other jurisdictions you are located in or doing business in.
- Illegal activities which cause harm to Codeready products or services or brand or others:Unacceptable content or links which might cause harm to the Codeready products or services or brand or others is definitely NOT OKAY with us. This includes pirated software, programs or archives that provide the functionality to gain unauthorised access to other systems or networks of any kind, Warez sites, files or web pages that contain viruses, trojans, malware or other applications designed to access a user’s equipment or information with illegal intentions and/or without the knowledge of the user. You must not modify, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, copy, transmit, perform, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, content, software, or item obtained from or through Codeready sites, services or products, other than in accordance with these terms or the license for the item.
- Codeready is founded on the idea of community and like any functioning and healthy community, some things are not allowed and are NOT OKAY. It’s NOT OKAY to:
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or content through the Codeready sites, service or products
- attempt to contact other members through the Codeready sites, services or use any information gained from the Codeready sites or services with the intention to make a private arrangement that would otherwise be made using the Codeready sites, services or products;
- enter any arrangements that are not consistent with, or are intended to apply in addition to, these terms or the Author Terms;
- use information gathered from or through the Codeready sites, service or products in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers (for example, automatically gathering information to set up a site that looks like one of our sites);
- attempt to or actually interrupt, negatively impact or alter the Codeready sites, service or products operation in any way.
How can I report any abuse or offensive content?
- Reporting abuse:Please report suspected policy violations to us using the ’Report Abuse’ by emailing us.
What action might we take if we find a buyer or customer has used our sites, products or services in breach of this policy?
- We will try and ensure fair outcomes for any content or use we deem as NOT acceptable. If you’re not sure whether your content or intended use of our services is acceptable then please contact us to discuss.
- If you have breached this acceptable use policy then we may, in our absolute discretion and without notice:
- request that you immediately remove the content which we view is NOT acceptable;
- immediately suspend or terminate any accounts you have with any of the Codeready businesses;
- immediately stop providing you with the services, including hosting your website;
- in serious cases such as those involving the abuse of children, or other illegal activity, report you to the appropriate authorities.
Version 1.1 - Effective date: March 2018.